Visa C (short stay)

Information on the visa C for short stays (less than 90 days).

  1. Last updated on

Short stay visa (visa type C) authorizes you to stay on Schengen territory for a period not longer than 3 months during a period of 6 months starting from your first entry on the territory. 

Non EU-citizens who regularly reside in Hungary- i.e. holders of a valid Hungarian residence permit may stay in Belgium for up to 90 days per six months without a visa. They must be in possession of their valid national passport and their valid Hungarian residence permit.

The renewal of the Hungarian permit of stay is not valid for travel in Belgium. If you are in possession of a renewal, you should contact the Hungarian authorities for an accelerated issue of your new Hungarian residence permit or the Belgian embassy competent for your home country for the issue of a visa C.